Financial Opinions and Valuation
Since its formation, the Salter Group’s services and core expertise has been providing independent financial opinions and valuations. Salter Group’s professionals possess the requisite credentials and experience to defend our financial opinions. Moreover, by having professionals with the requisite combination of “expert witness” credentials and real world transactional experience, we are well-positioned to support the decisions made by our clients based on our opinions.
In addition to business and intangible asset valuation opinions, we provide a variety of transaction based opinions (such as fairness, solvency and collateral valuation opinions), financial reporting based opinions (such as purchase price allocation, goodwill impairment and fund portfolio valuation opinions) and tax-related opinions (such as those concerning IRC Section 409A and SFAS 123R and estate and gift tax opinions).
The Salter Group’s Financial Opinions and Valuation Services Include:
Transaction Based Opinions
Financial Reporting Opinions
- Purchase Price Allocation and Goodwill Impairment – ASC 805
- Portfolio Valuations for Private Equity Funds, Hedge Funds, Banks and other Capital Market Constituents – ASC 820
- Incentive compensation, options and “cheap stock” – ASC 718
- Revenue recognition for multi-element licensing arrangements – ASU 2009-13
- Derivative Valuation Opinions – ASC 815