Entertainment & Media
Our dedicated team of Entertainment & Media professionals possesses an in-depth knowledge of the entertainment and media industry across media platforms, continents, industry segments and how these segments interrelate now and in the future. A major feature of our Entertainment & Media team’s experience is advising on positioning and structuring transactions where intellectual property rights are a key driver of value – recognizing the unique nature of copyrights, distribution rights and other proprietary intangible assets has led Salter Group to take a creative and innovative approach on virtually every assignment. Since the formation of the firm, Salter Group valued and advised on over 1,050 entertainment and media projects representing nearly $125 billion in asset value.
Based on the number of deals completed in the US, Salter Group has been ranked as a # 1 financial advisor by Thomson Reuters for Motion Pictures/Audio Visual deals between 2009 and 2011 as detailed below.
- The #3 financial advisor Worldwide by Thomson Reuters for Motion Pictures/Audio Visual deals based on the number of deals from 2009-2011.
- Top 20 financial advisors in the US by Thomson Reuters for all Media and Entertainment transactions based on the number of deals from 2009-2011.
*Source: Thomson Reuters, 2009-2011 information as of 12/31/11
Industry sectors that we have served include:
- Film, TV, Music & Video Games
- TV & Radio Networks, Broadcasters and Portals
- Media Platforms – Cable, Satellite, Telco & Wireless/Mobile Systems
- Talent Agencies, Business Managers, Law Firms, CPA’s, and Government and Trade Associations
- Advertising Agencies and Advertisers